Sunday, December 6, 2015

New Paint Job & More Flying


So I've been flying my Holy Stone X300C everyday trying to get a hang of flying. It's not easy, mainly due to the fact that I don't have much space indoors so I can't really do much. Outdoors so far has been next to impossible, I live in Canada and right now it's not the coldest outside but it's windy as all hell. Here's a video of my last flight with the X300C, you might be able to see a violent movement every now and then. That's the wind throwing my little drone around. I record from the moment I start till the batteries run out, so each charge is getting me around 10 minutes. Sadly the video has been choppy for me. I've seen some people upload the videos they record and they seem much smoother than the videos I've been getting.


Outside of practicing controlling a drone, I wanted to give the drone a little more aggressive look than the one it came with. So I took the drone apart (taking pics every step so I can put it back together) then painted the body matte black and everything else gold. It lasted all of one flight till the paint started to chip but I'm ok with it. I also wanted to see what makes a drone seeing how my next steps are too build my own I thought it would be a good learning experience. I think I'm going to give it to till January before I order my first parts (I can't wait). My hope is when I build my own it will have a lot more control outdoors.









No comments:

Post a Comment